Saturday, July 11, 2009

goddess of the heart


there is a monthly contest going on to use an art doll template found at
www.theEnchantedGallery.com. i made the background paper that i used for her body. i used tim holtz inks on white paper to emulate a watercolored effect which i then stamped various images with a brown staz on ink. after completing the body i wanted to make a face so i stamped a face image i had onto patterned paper and then colored that with markers and chalks. after i added her face onto the body i added colored wax in various places and then took my scratch tool and added scratch marks in the wax. i added circular shapes for her breasts and machine stitched those on and then added small heart shapes inside of the circles and colored with wax. i added the red heart on her lower body by the stamped sentiment that said listen to your heart. i added some machine stitching to the heart for more texture. i am happy with the overall look she has. my thought for this goddess was to have her be the goddess of my heart. often times i find i get caught up in the day to day grind that requires too much analytical thinking and not enough time to tune into our inner voice. remember to follow your heart because surely nothing done out of love can ever be wrong.

8 comments:

  1. Roc, I love your work, but this little goddess of the heart is one of your best creations ever! She is absolutely wonderful and your "love" is showing! :) Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beauty Roc. I clicked on her to enlarge and the detail is fantastic. Glad you are back and I know how hard it is to say good bye to your loved one's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roc...she's a real beauty.
    Love the background you gave her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beauty for sure... a good symbol of your loving heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not much into the goddess dolls but I love the way you did the background and all the colors.This is one of the coolest ones I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops I forgot to let you know i have an Award for you on my blog!You more then deserve it!

    ReplyDelete