Tuesday, October 4, 2011

altered envelope for stampotique








there is something about making altered envelopes that i love, so i decided to make one as a project for the stampotique guest designer spot for october.

i used distress inks and acrylic paints to create the background. i used spirit definition and stamped it in the lower left hand corner of the envelope. i stamped the tree on a hand drawn knoll, and also stamped 2 pumpkins over the spirit definition to create some visual interest in the background. i stamped another pumpkin on white cardstock, used markers to color it and then cut it out and glued it to the envelope. i stamped relaxin, once on the envelope where i wanted the image to be (omitting ink from the umbrella), and then once on white cardstock. i used watercolors and markers to color the image in and then cut it out. instead of using the umbrella i made a happy halloween sign and glued it down and used a marker to make a stick coming from her hand. i then used markers to do other decorative marks and make the address label.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Roc, this is so cool! Love the background, the mix of hand painted and stamped elements and the idea of the sign instead of the umbrella is inspired!! Totally cool envie! I'm sure it's just dieing to make it's way to Scotland lol:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! THe colours in this are so lovely.....great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. Love its vibrancy. penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is totally fabulous! Love the way you created your background. Wonderful work Roc :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this mail art! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I too have thought about doing this. I just have'nt yet. I dont know what makes it hard for me, its a "blank canvas" I think I worry about where they'd place the postage. I mail out of country alott.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roc...terrific job on the envie. I love that collection of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you made a mistake, Missy.... that envelope is supposed to have my address on it!! Love it love it :0) xo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Roc! It's been a while since I stopped by for a visit, and just look at all of this eye candy!!! Love this envie - you KNEW I would, and Congratulations and BIG hugs on being a featured artist in CPS!!! That's quite a feat!!! Love You BUNCHES!!! Terri xoxox

    ReplyDelete