Monday, April 20, 2009

inchie time


i'm hosting an inchie swap at a private site and the theme is "birds". i don't know what it is about birds but they make me smile. we have a pair of pheobes that roost on our screened in porch awning each year. they are amazing to watch as they dive in mid air to catch bugs for their babies. they are very hard workers to provide for their family and they don't like us in their territory and make it known by squawking at us like crazy. we try to be quiet when we are out there so they can do their thing and won't be afraid but we aren't too successful in that department. i can't wait to hear their babies start to chirp. last year we had wrens nest in one of my hanging geranium plants. i didn't know birds would nest in a potted plant. when i watered it from the side of the porch the babies jumped out. i panicked, felt horrible and cried. my husband and i tried to scoop them up and put them back but they were scared and kept jumping out. the mom rounded them up underneath the porch and took care of them which made me feel a teeny bit less guilty. i can't believe i was watering those babies all along! poor souls.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Roc...those are adorable!
    We now have robins nesting in the bushes out front. We always have to trim the bushes really early in the season because of this, becuase they won't let us near them later..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bird inchies are adorable!I recieved my post card in the mail today!Thank you Roc!It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you tweet little birds, Roc and your cute story to go along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy and cheerful! They made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bird inchies are so cute. I love your bird story too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...wish I had joined that one...your inchies are WONDERFUL!!!Love them....

    ReplyDelete