Monday, April 13, 2009

monday madness


today was a good day because i go to spend a large amount time just on working in my art room. i finished up a journal page for a journal group i am in, altho it didn't get finished with any speediness. i had this "brilliant" idea and in my head it seemed like a good idea but when it came to fruition ...not so much. after two tries of hand sewing the middle into a slightly larger frame, and about three hours of time i finally conceded that i couldn't get it straight and i had to let it go and move on. i also managed to a postcard done for a postcard challenge on thursday with the theme of "mona lisa". since that turned out straight i'll share it with you.

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute 'Mona Lisa'.
    I really love your collage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My creative process is to build whatever it is in my head till it's right. Then I start to work. And I have a hard time letting go of the idea when it doesn't work. After all I saw it soooo clearly! Why on earth shouldn't it work!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Mona looks SUPER as a Zetti! Awesome, Roc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love the large eye! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I bow to you, oh Queen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete