Sunday, May 10, 2009

fancy that


here is another atc i made. i'm not sure what i'm going to do with her. i could trade her but i might keep her for an upcoming challenge. sometimes i wish i could get a little stockpile of art just for those ocassions but my time seems to slip through my fingers without my even noticing. i have no clue where all the time goes and the older i get the less time i seem to have.

DIRECTIONS so if you are interested in how i made this card i will share it with you. i took a piece of paper and painted it with various acylics paints. then i layered some printed paper on top of that and added more paint to make it blend in because i was just trying to create texture more so than layers. i took a collage image from artchix and altered it with markers and paint pens. i added tim holtz distress glitter glue to her wings. i stamped some shapes on the background to create a sense of foliage and then when the collage imaged was dried i glue her on to the background. i outlined her shape with a marker to give a sense of shadowing.

7 comments:

  1. She's adorable, Roc! Thanks for sharing your techniques. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card has a folk art quality that I love. The neutrals that you paired with the dark red are unexpected and make a very strong statement. I have learned so much about technique from you this last year because you are generous to share the methods you use in creating your art. Thank you , Roc, for giving my imagination wings and never failing to make me smile.

    Love,
    Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about the folk art style you used here and I see by your comments I am not alone. I love that bold graphic folk art look and I love the way you've accomplished it. Another gorgeous piece! I love reading how you do things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Roc....alot of work in her. Do you do a bunch of backgrounds all at once or one at a time? Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable,I see you gave her red hair,you must have been thinking of me!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her!! lol A stock pile...heheh...good luck! I tried that once and didn't work as planned!

    ReplyDelete